PEORIA, Ill. – Bradley will open its 2012-13 Missouri Valley Conference schedule Dec. 29 at Carver Arena against Drake, the first time the Braves will have hosted the Bulldogs at home in the conference opener since the 1975-76 season.
The release of the Missouri Valley Conference 18-game, double round-robin league slate today completes the Bradley Basketball team’s 2012-13 men’s basketball schedule.
In addition to the Valley opener being played at home for the second consecutive year, other notes from the league schedule:
- Bradley will tip off the 2013 calendar year Jan. 2 at Southern Illinois.
- The Salukis will be the first opponent to face the Braves twice, with the return game against Southern Illinois scheduled for Jan. 15 at Carver Arena.
- Bradley will play just three Valley games with its students gone for winter break, giving the Red Sea a 12-game season-ticket package.
- The two games against Interstate 74 rival Illinois State will be played Jan. 29 at Carver Arena and Feb. 13 at Redbird Arena.
- The 2012-13 regular-season home finale will be Feb. 27 versus Creighton, the only home contest among the final four games of the year.
In addition to the release of the league schedule, Bradley has added a preseason event to the calendar: The Meet the Braves Spaghetti Supper will be Nov. 1 in the Renaissance Coliseum Basketball Performance Center. Doors for the event will open at 5 p.m. and the men’s basketball team will be introduced and available to mingle with the crowd prior to the 6:30 p.m. women’s basketball exhibition versus Lindenwood.
Start times also have been for Bradley's entire home schedule. The Oct. 12 Red-White Scrimmage will begin immediately following that night's volleyball game versus Southern Illinois at Renaissance Coliseum. The start time for the Nov. 9 regular-season home opener will be dependent upon the Bradley Soccer team's participation in the 2012 MVC Men's Soccer Championship at Shea Stadium. If the Braves are playing in the semifinal round Nov. 9, the start time for the men's basketball game at Carver Arena will be pushed from 7 to 8 o'clock.
The Bradley ticket office is currently accepting applications for the 2012-13 Bradley Basketball Carver Arena season-ticket package, which includes 16 games, beginning with the Nov. 3 exhibition game versus Wisconsin-Parkside and continuing with 15 of the team’s 16 regular-season home games.
Season-ticket holders currently have the option to purchase tickets for the Nov. 12 home game versus Texas-Pan American, which will be played on campus at Renaissance Coliseum, at a discounted rate.
In addition to the traditional season-ticket package and single-game ticket prices, two mini ticket packages will be available:
- FAN-tastic 4-Pack ($60 lower bowl, $35 Priority III upper bowl) includes the regular-season opener Nov. 9 versus Eastern Illinois, Michigan’s visit Dec. 1, Wichita State on Jan. 6 and the Interstate-74 Rivalry game versus Illinois State Jan. 29. The FAN-tastic 4-Pack will go on sale Oct. 12 and will be the only option to purchase tickets for the Dec. 1 game versus Michigan in advance. The 4-game pricing offers substantial discounts of $24 in the lower bowl and $23 in the upper bowl, compared to purchasing the four games individually.
- Valley 8-Pack ($70) includes Priority III upper-bowl seating for the eight Missouri Valley Conference home games that do not involve Illinois State. The Valley 8-Pack is currently available for purchase in person or by phone (309-677-2625) at the Bradley Ticket Office in Renaissance Coliseum.