PEORIA, Ill. – Recognition of seniors, donations of canned food and free admission for attendance at multiple events all highlight the list of promotional activities surrounding a busy weekend of Bradley Athletics events, which starts with Thursday night’s Meet the Braves Spaghetti Supper and women’s basketball exhibition game.
Fans have the opportunity to attend Thursday night’s 6:30 p.m. women’s basketball exhibition game versus Lindenwood at Renaissance Coliseum at no charge with the purchase of a ticket for the coinciding Meet the Braves Spaghetti Supper, which will begin at 5 p.m. Thursday in the Renaissance Coliseum Basketball Performance Center. While game-only women’s basketball tickets are $8 for the general public, $4 for Bradley faculty and staff and free for Bradley students, Thursday’s dinner and game combo ticket is $12 adults, $6 for children (12 and under) and $30 for a Family Pack.
The first senior recognition ceremony will occur Friday night when the Bradley volleyball team hosts Missouri Valley Conference leader Creighton in a 7 p.m. match at Renaissance Coliseum. As part of Fan Appreciation Weekend at Bradley Volleyball and Soccer, tickets for Friday’s volleyball match against the Bluejays will be just $1 or free with the donation of two canned food items. Seniors Madelyn Ervin and Jessica McNellis will be honored in a pregame ceremony as they prepare for the final home weekend.
Similarly, tickets for the Bradley Soccer regular-season finale Saturday night (7 o’clock) versus Central Arkansas will be $1 or free with the donation of two canned food items at Shea Stadium. Seniors Jochen Graf, Matt Kuel and Tapiwa Machingauta will be honored in a pregame ceremony before their final regular-season game as Braves.
The Bradley men’s basketball team will play its second preseason game of the year Saturday, when the Braves host NCAA Division II Wisconsin-Parkside in a 1 p.m. exhibition game at Carver Arena. Saturday’s game is the first in the Carver Arena season-ticket package and Missouri Valley Conference schedule magnets will be available for those in attendance. Halftime performances Saturday will be by the Bravettes dance team and the 3-Point Doc, a 69-year-old 3-point shooting specialist who performs at college and pro games around the country.
Single-game prices for Bradley Basketball games at Carver Arena range from $8-20, based on location, for the general public; $4-10 for Bradley faculty and staff; and $1 for Bradley students. Saturday’s men’s basketball tickets also may be redeemed for free admission to Saturday night’s Bradley Volleyball regular-season home finale versus Drake at Renaissance Coliseum. The volleyball Braves will be available for postgame autographs following Saturday’s 7 p.m. game versus the Bulldogs.
Saturday’s MVC schedule magnets and halftime performance by the 3-Point Doc tips off the promotional schedule for the 2012-13 Bradley men’s basketball season:
- Nov. 9 vs. Eastern Illinois | 2012-13 schedule posters will be distributed after game
- Nov. 12 vs. Texas-Pan American | Free Bradley Basketball t-shirts for everyone in attendance
- Nov. 24 vs. Tennessee-Martin | Take-A-Kid-To-The-Game Day: free youth ticket with adult ticket purchase
- Dec. 1 vs. Michigan | Free admission to the women’s basketball game versus Winthrop at 7 p.m. that night at Renaissance Coliseum with the men’s basketball game ticket versus the Wolverines
- Dec. 29 vs. Drake | Holiday Sweater Night and Braves Club Raffle Early Bird Drawing
- Jan. 6 vs. Wichita State | State Farm fan scrolls for the first 2,000
- Jan. 29 vs. Illinois State | Red Out rally towels for the first 5,000
- Feb. 16 vs. Indiana State | Bradley University Alumni Weekend and Breast Cancer Awareness Game. The Braves will wear special edition pink uniforms, which will be available for purchase through a silent auction during the game.
- Feb. 27 vs. Creighton | Senior Night and Braves Club Raffle postgame drawing
Halftime performances during the 2012-13 season will include:
- Nov. 3 vs. Wisconsin-Parkside | 3-Point Doc
- Nov. 9 vs. Eastern Illinois | Bradley Athletics spring award winners and a performance by Lost Soles Hip Hop Team
- Nov. 12 vs. Texas-Pan American | Anthony Parker Bradley Athletics Hall of Fame induction
- Nov. 24 vs. Tennessee-Martin | K-9 Crew
- Dec. 1 vs. Michigan | Red Panda
- Dec. 4 vs. George Washington | Future Braves Dash baby race
- Dec. 17 vs. Georgia Southern | Special Olympics of Pekin
- Jan. 6 vs. Wichita State | Josh Horton the Juggler
- Jan. 15 vs. Southern Illinois | Xtreme Karate
- Jan. 19 vs. Missouri State | One fan will shoot for a Lexus from Lexus of Peoria
- Jan. 29 vs. Illinois State | BMX Stunt Team
- Feb. 5 vs. Evansville | Little Bravettes Dance Clinic and performance
- Feb. 16 vs. Indiana State | Bradley Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2013 induction ceremony