Missouri State (5-13, 3-3) at
Bradley (11-7, 3-3)
Jan. 19, 2013 – 1 p.m.
Peoria, Ill. – Carver Arena (11,168)
TV: KY3 in southwest Missouri and simulcast on ESPN3.com – Ned Reynolds (pbp) and Kelby Stuckey (analyst)
Radio: 1470 WMBD - Dave Snell (pbp), Chad Kleine (analyst) and Dan DiOrio (pregame)
Twitter: @BPtheBrave - #BRADvMSU
Tickets: $8, $14, $20 based on location | Renaissance Coliseum Box Office (309-677-2625), Carver Arena Box Office or online at BradleyBraves.com
Promotions: One lucky fan will be selected to shoot for a 2013 Lexus IS250 from Lexus of Peoria
• Bradley wraps up a brief, 2-game home stand Saturday by hosting Missouri State.
• Currently 8-2 at home this season, Bradley is shooting for a ninth home win, which would secure a winning home record for the first time since 2009-10.
• Already with four more wins than all of last season, Bradley is tied for second nationally for increased victories from 2011-12 to 2012-13.
• Bradley senior guard Dyricus Simms-Edwards (61 steals) continues to rank third nationally by averaging 3.39 steals per game and needs just three more to crack the school single-season Top 10 list.
• With a 30-17 series edge, Missouri State’s .638 winning percentage against Bradley is the best among the league’s current 10-team membership and second-best (Louisville) overall.
• Missouri State has won the last four meetings and will be trying to match the longest winning streak by either team in the series.
LAST TIME OUT
at Bradley 69, Southern Illinois 66 | Jan. 15, 2013 | Carver Arena
• Dyricus Simms-Edwards led four Braves in double-figures with 18 points and triggered a late-game surge, lifting Bradley to the 69-66 home win against Southern Illinois Tuesday.
• Simms-Edwards buried a 3-pointer with 5:59 left to put Bradley in front for good and Walt Lemon, Jr. added another triple with 4:45 left for a 62-56 lead.
• In his return from a 4-game suspension, center Will Egolf came off the bench to score 11 points and added a team-best seven rebounds, four blocked shots, two steals and a charge.
• Southern Illinois shot 54.9 percent from the field, outscored the Braves nearly 2-to-1 in the paint (34-18) and forced 16 Bradley turnovers.
• The Braves completed their first regular-season series sweep against Southern Illinois since 2000-01 and any Valley opponent since 2008-09 (Drake and Evansville).
48th Meeting | Missouri State leads 30-17
• Saturday’s game will be the 48th meeting in the all-time series between Bradley and Missouri State, which dates back to MSU’s entry into The Valley for the 1990-91 season.
• Missouri State owns the best winning percentage (.638) against Bradley of any current Valley member and only Louisville (20-6, .769) owns a better record against Bradley as Valley rivals.
• Missouri State has won the last four meetings in the series overall and will be trying to match the longest winning streak for either team in the series Saturday - MSU won the first five meetings from 1991-92.
TURNAROUND AMONG NATION’S BEST
• After going six years without improving its win total from one year to the next, Bradley’s current 4-win improvement over last year is tied for the second-best in the nation among teams with a winning record:
Team 2011-12 2012-13 +W’s
Bryant 2-28 11-4 +9
Bradley 7-25 11-7 +4
Arizona State 10-21 14-3 +4
Santa Clara 8-22 12-6 +4
Illinois-Chicago 8-22 11-7 +3
Loyola (Ill.) 7-23 10-7 +3
CS-Northridge 7-21 9-8 +2
Charlotte 13-17 14-2 +1
Hartford 9-22 10-8 +1
12 OUT OF 19
• Bradley will be shooting for its 12th win in the 19th game of the season Saturday afternoon against Missouri State.
• The Braves have not won as many as 12 of their first 19 games since the 2006-07 squad started 13-6 en route to a final 22-13 record.
• In fact, in the 17 years since Bradley’s 1995-96 MVC championship season, the Braves have won as many as 12 of their first 19 games just three times:
Season 1st 12 Final Postseason
1995-96 14-5 22-8 NCAA
1998-99 12-7 17-12 NIT
2005-06 12-7 22-11 NCAA Sweet 16
2006-07 13-6 22-13 NIT 2nd Rd
21ST CENTURY IN THE MVC
• When Bradley hosts Missouri State Saturday, the Braves will be shooting for a winning record through seven rounds of Valley play for just the fourth time in the 21st century (13th season):
Season 1st 7 MVC Final MVC Place
2000-01 5-2 12-6 T2nd
2006-07 4-3 10-8 4th
2008-09 5-2 10-8 4th
QUICK TO 10
• Bradley earned its 10th win of the season Jan. 2 at Southern Illinois.
• The Braves earned their 10th victory by the first game of January for just the third time in the last 45 years.
Season 10th W W-L Final
1967-68 Jan. 4 10-3 19-9
1985-86 Dec. 29 10-1 32-3
2006-07 Dec. 30 10-4 22-13
2012-13 Jan. 2 10-4 TBD
• Bradley will wrap up its brief, 2-game home stand Saturday by hosting Missouri State in a 1 p.m. game at Carver Arena.
• Bradley has lost four straight to the Bears and will be trying to avoid matching its longest losing streak in the history of the series, which began with a 5-game slide against the MSU.
4 MILLIONTH FAN
• In its 31st year playing its home games at Carver Arena, Bradley has drawn 3,982,835 fans to the downtown Peoria arena - 17,165 shy of 4 million.
• Bradley will celebrate the milestone the night it is achieved by honoring a randomly-selected fan with a prize package to include four 2013-14 season tickets, a $44 gift certificate to be used in the Bradley Team Store at Carver Arena, one night lodging at the Hotels at 10-person taco bar from Qdoba Mexican Grill.