PEORIA, Ill. – Bradley won four of the six singles matches and pulled out a tight 4-3 men’s tennis victory over UMKC (0-5) Sunday afternoon at the Clubs at River City.
Albitar and Kalhorn earned the only doubles win for the Braves on the afternoon as they picked up a 8-6 win at #2 doubles. Albitar then squeaked out a tight 7-6, 7-5 win at #3 singles for Bradley’s first point of the afternoon. Kalhorn won his #5 singles match 6-0, 6-3.
Bradley lost both matches at #1 and #2 singles but relied on the remaining matches to take the win.
Juan Diego Cuadrado joined Albitar and Kalhorn in the win column with a 6-3, 6-3 win at #4 singles. Justin Abrams was the only Brave to have his match go three sets but he pulled out the 6-0, 4-6, 7-6 win.
Bradley hit the road for three matches next weekend. They will travel to face Illinois-Chicago on Friday. Then head to Milwaukee to face Marquette and South Dakota State on Saturday.
BRADLEY MEN'S TENNIS DUAL MATCH RESULTS
UMKC at Bradley - 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 3, 2013 at Peoria, Ill. (Clubs at River CIty)
Bradley 4, UMKC 3
1. Patino/Fleming (UMKC) def. Cuadrado/Abrams (BU) 8-6
2. Albitar/Kalhorn (BU) def. Edwards/Akhmedov (UMKC) 8-6
3. Hasandedic/Heckler (UMKC) def. Romanet/Davis (BU) 8-6
1. Nino Hasandedic (UMKC)def.Hamish Weerasinghe(BU)6-1, 6-3
2. Tomas Patino (UMKC) def. Arthur Romanet (BU) 6-2, 7-6 (6)
3. Ahmed Albitar (BU) def. Grant Fleming(UMKC) 6-2, 6-0
4. Juan Diego Cuadrado (BU) def. Daniil Ivanov (UMKC) 6-3, 6-3
5. Ashton Kalhorn(BU) def. Tim Akhmedov (UMKC) 6-0, 6-3
6. Justin Abrams (BU) def. Andrey Smirnov (UMKC) 6-0, 4-6, 7-6