PEORIA, Ill. – Bradley senior Juan Diego Cuadrado rallied for a 3-set victory at No. 4 singles, but that was the only point the Braves (4-3) managed in a 6-1 loss to Toledo (11-5) Friday night at the Clubs at River City North.
Cuadrado dropped his first set to Toledo sophomore Nicholas Wong, 6-1, and faced a 4-1 deficit in the second set, before winning the next five games to force a third set. With the team match already decided, Cuadrado and Wong battled into a third-set tiebreaker that Cuadrado ultimately won, 9-7.
The Rockets cruised to the doubles point as Wong and Tomas Stillman posted an 8-1 win against Cuadrado and Justin Abrams at No. 1 doubles. Bryant Dudzik and Ryan Jorgenson tacked on an 8-4 win at No. 3 doubles against Ahmed Albitar and Michael Davis to secure the night’s first team point.
Toledo clinched the match when its top three singles players earned straight-set victories.
The Braves will return to action Sunday by hosting Butler in a 1 p.m. match at the Clubs at River City.
BRADLEY MEN’S TENNIS MATCH
Friday, Feb. 15, 2013
Peoria, Ill. (Clubs at River City North)
Toledo 6, at Bradley 1
1. Nicholas Wong/tomas Stillman (UT) def. Justin Abrams/Juan Diego Cuadrado (BU), 8-1
2. Ashton Kalhorn/Hamish Weerasinghe (BU) vs. Grant Adams/Francisco Stuardo (UT), Unfinished
3. Bryant Dudzik/Ryan Jorgensen (UT) def. Ahmed Albitar/Michael Davis (BU), 8-4
Order of Finish: 1, 3
1. Tomas Stillman (UT) def. Arthur Romanet (BU), 6-3, 6-3
2. Grant Adams (UT) def. Hamish Weerasinghe (BU), 6-3, 6-4
3. Francisco Stuardo (UT) def. Ahmed Albitar (BU), 6-0, 6-2
4. Juan Diego Cuadrado (BU) def. Nicholas Wong (UT), 1-6, 6-4, 7-6 (7)
5. Terence Weigand (UT) def. Ashton Kalhorn (BU), 6-4, 7-5
6. Bryant Dudzik (UT) def. Justin Abrams (BU), 6-4, 6-4
Order of Finish: 3,1,2,6,5,4