WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – The 71st-ranked Purdue men’s tennis team rolled to a 7-0 dual match victory against Bradley (4-5) Saturday morning on the Basham Courts at the Schwartz Tennis Center.
Both Juan Diego Cuadrado (No. 2) and Ahmed Albitar (No. 3) held early leads in singles action, before dropping tight first-set decisions and the Boilermakers (10-3) cruised home in straight sets in all six matches.
Bradley will return to action with a pair of matches Wednesday at the Clubs at River City against Eastern Illinois (1 p.m.) and Western Illinois (6 p.m.). The Braves will continue their four-match home stand Friday against Green Bay (6 p.m.) and March 10 against IUPUI (noon).
BRADLEY MEN’S TENNIS
Saturday, March 2, 2013
West Lafayette, Ind. | Basham Courts – Schwartz Tennis Center
at Purdue 7, Bradley 0
1. Aaron Dujovne/Krisztian Krocsko (PU) vs. Ahmed Albitar/Ashton Kalhon (BU) – Not finished
2. Diego Acosta/Mark Kovacs (PU) def. Justin Abrams/Juan Diego Cuadrado (BU) 8-2
3. Arthur Dobradin/Mateus Silva (PU) def. Arthur Romanet/Hamish Weerasinghe (BU) 8-6
Order of Finish: 2,3
1. Mark Kovacs (PU) def. Hamish Weerasinghe (BU) 6-3, 6-1
2. Evan Hawkins (PU) def. Juan Diego Cuadrado (BU) 7-5, 6-2
3. Diego Acosta (PU) def. Ahmed Albitar (BU) 7-6, 6-2
4. Aaron Dujovne (PU) def. Ashton Kalhorn (BU) 6-2, 6-3
5. Krisztian Krocsko (PU) def. Justin Abrams (BU) 6-1, 6-2
6. Mateus Silva (PU) def. Kevin Keiner (BU) 6-0, 6-1
Order of Finish: 6,1,5,2,3,4
#71 Purdue (10-3)