PEORIA, Ill. – The Bradley men’s tennis team completed a sweep of a pair of in-state rivals by rolling to a 7-0 win against Western Illinois Wednesday night at the Clubs at River City South.
After cruising to a 5-2 afternoon win against Eastern Illinois, the Braves (6-5) once again started strong in the nightcap by winning all three doubles matches to earn the doubles point against the Leathernecks (7-11). The Braves quickly secured the match by losing only three games in the first three singles matches to finish.
Having teamed with Arthur Romanet for an 8-4 win at No. 3 doubles, Justin Abrams got the ball rolling in singles action with a 6-1, 6-0 win at No. 6 singles. Hamish Weerasinghe followed with with a 6-0, 6-1 victory at No. 1 singles and Ahmed Albitar put the match away with a 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 4 singles.
Romanet (No. 3 singles), Ashton Kalhorn (5) and Juan Diego Cuadrado (2) all added straight-set victories of their own to complete the sweep.
Bradley will continue its four-match home stand Friday by hosting Green Bay in a 6 p.m. dual match, then will close out the longest home stand of the year Sunday by hosting IUPUI at noon. Both matches will be played at the Clubs at River City.
BRADLEY MEN’S TENNIS
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Peoria, Ill. | Clubs at River City South
at Bradley 7, Western Illinois 2
1. Ahmed Albitar/Ashton Kalhorn (BU) def. Patrick Hammers/Ben Yue (WIU) 8-5
2. Juan Diego Cuadrado/Hamish Weerasinghe (BU) def. Christoph Haertel/Bradley Holt (WIU) 8-6
3. Justin Abrams/Arthur Romanet (BU) def. Max Cederkall/Mitch Granger (WIU) 8-4
Order of Finish: 2,3,1
1. Hamish Weerasinghe (BU) def. Patrick Hammers (WIU) 6-0, 6-1
2. Juan Diego Cuadrado (BU) def. Christoph Haertel (WIU) 7-5, 6-4
3. Arthur Romanet (BU) def. Ben Yue (WIU) 6-4, 6-3
4. Ahmed Albitar (BU) def. Mitch Granger (WIU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Ashton Kalhorn (BU) def. Max Cederkall (WIU) 6-1, 6-0
6. Justin Abrams (BU) def. Brandon Meeker (WIU) 6-1, 6-0
Order of Finish: 6,1,4,3,5,2
Western Illinois (7-11)