PEORIA, Ill. - Green Bay (8-4) survived a deciding tie-breaker in doubles action, then rolled to victory by winning the first three singles points for a shortened, 4-0 win at Bradley (6-6) Friday night at the Clubs at River City North.
The night's first point came down to the No. 3 doubles match after the teams split at Nos. 1 and 2 doubles. The Bradley duo of Justin Abrams and Arthur Romanet fought off three Green Bay serves for match point before finally succumbing in the tie-breaker, 12-10.
Michael Tenzer, who teamed with Joey Leto for the No. 3 doubles win, breezed to a 6-1, 6-1 win at No. 1 singles versus Hamish Weerasinghe. As Craig Cox was pulling out a 6-1, 7-6 (4) victory at No. 3 singles against Romanet, Rowan Isaaks secured the deciding fourth point with a 6-4, 6-3 win against Abrams at No. 6 singles. With the team result decided, the other three singles matches were halted.
Bradley will close out its season-long, 4-match home stand Sunday when the Braves host IUPUI in a 12 p.m. match at the Clubs at River City South.
BRADLEY MEN'S TENNIS MATCH SUMMARY
Friday, March 8, 2013
Peoria, Ill. | Clubs at River City North
Green Bay 4, at Bradley 0
1. Craig Cox/Erik Finkenbrink (GB) def. Ahmed Albitar/Ashton Kalhorn (BU) 8-4
2. Juan Diego Cuadrado/Hamish Weerasinghe (BU) def. Howard Scott/Michael Tebon
3. Joey Leto/Michael Tenzer (GB) def. Justin Abrams/Arthur Romanet (BU) 9-8 (10)
Order of Finish: 1,2,3
1. Michael Tenzer (GB) def. Hamish Weerasinghe (BU) 6-1, 6-1
2. Juan Diego Cuadrado (BU) vs. Erik Finkenbring (GB) unfinished
3. Craig Cox (GB) def. Arthur Romanet (BU) 6-1, 7-6 (4)
4. Ahmed Albitar (BU) vs. Leopold Gomez Islinger (GB) unfinished
5. Ashton Kalhorn (BU) vs. Howard Scott (GB) unfinished
6. Rowan Isaaks (GB) def. Justin Abrams (BU) 6-4, 6-3
Order of Finish: 1,3,6
Green Bay (8-4)