PEORIA, Ill. – The IPFW women’s tennis team started its day with a 7-0 win against Green Bay then carried over the momentum to a 7-0 victory against Bradley (5-6) Sunday afternoon at the Clubs at River City North.
The Mastadons (11-7) earned the match’s first point by getting the first two doubles results, by the Bradley combo of Carly Miles and Kennedy Scott prevented IPFW from getting a clean sweep by earning an 8-5 win at No. 2 doubles. IPFW quickly re-asserted itself in singles play, however, and swept through all six matches in straight sets.
Adele Henke (No. 1) and Scott (No. 5) both threatened to extend the match, but both lost 7-5 decisions in the second sets of their singles matches.
The Braves will return to action with a 4-match trek through Iowa next weekend. The Braves will take on both Grand View and Drake Friday in Des Moines, then will face South Dakota Saturday in Ames and Coe College Sunday in Cedar Rapids.
BRADLEY WOMEN’S TENNIS
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Peoria, Ill. | Clubs at River City North
IPFW 7, at Bradley 0
1. Anita Henestrosa/Caterina Kiefer (IPFW) def. Adele Henke/Sarah Rodefeld (BU) 8-2
2. Carly Miles/Kennedy Scott (BU) def. Theresa Neumeyr/Miloslava Shustova (IPFW) 8-5
3. Kristine Lindal/Marcy Huck (IPFW) def. Meredith McDonagh/Cassia Wojtalik (BU) 8-3
Order of Finish: 3,1,2
1. Anita Henestrosa (IPFW) def. Adele Henke (BU) 6-3, 7-5
2. Caterina Kiefer (IPFW) def. Sarah Rodefeld (BU) 6-2, 6-0
3. Kristine Lindal (IPFW) def. Cassia Wojtalik (BU) 6-0, 6-1
4. Miloslava Shustova (IPFW) def. Carly Miles (BU) 6-0, 6-2
5. Marcy Huck (IPFW) def. Kennedy Scott (BU) 6-3, 7-5
6. Theresa Neumeyr (IPFW) def. Jessie Bertino (BU) 6-0, 6-0
Order of Finish: 3,4,6,2,1,5