off as the Braves (8-6) secured the day’s first five points before the rain fell, cutting short a 5-0 victory at Western Kentucky (3-8) Sunday afternoon at Bowling Green High School.
The Braves, who have won four of their last five matches, secured the doubles point by pulling out a pair of tight matches. The duos of Ahmed Albitar/Ashton Kalhorn (No. 1 doubles) and Justin Abrams/Arthur Romanet (No. 3) both earned 8-6 victories.
Bradley dominated the singles action before play was halted with the team victory already determined. Junior Hamish Weerasinghe earned a 6-1, 6-0 victory at No. 2 singles, while Romanet (No. 4), Kalhorn (No. 5) and Abrams (No. 6) all secured straight-set victories to complete the sweep.
BRADLEY MEN’S TENNIS
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Bowling Green, Ky. | Bowling Green High School
Bradley 5, at Western Kentucky 0
1. Ahmed Albitar/Ashton Kalhorn (BU) def. Andrew Fish/Josh Smith (WKU) 8-6
2. Juan Diego Cuadrado/Hamish Weerasinghe (BU) vs. Alex Stewart/Alex Taranda (WKU) 7-6 unfinished
3. Justin Abrams/Arthur Romanet (BU) def. J.T. Closi/Lance Freeman (WKU) 8-6
1. Juan Diego Cuadrado (BU) vs. Josh Smith (WKU) 6-4, 4-1 unfinished
2. Hamish Weerasinghe (BU) def. J.T. Closi (WKU) 6-1, 6-0
3. Ahmed Albitar (BU) vs. Alex Taranda (WKU) 6-4, 2-1 unfinished
4. Arthur Romanet (BU) def. Andrew Fish (WKU) 6-2, 6-2
5. Ashton Kalhorn (BU) def. Lance Freeman (WKU) 6-2, 6-2
6. Justin Abrams (BU) def. Alex Stewart (WKU) 6-2, 6-3
Western Kentucky (3-8)