NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Bradley dominated the final match of its Spring Break trip through the South, rolling to a 6-0 win against Tennessee State for its fifth win of the trip and sixth consecutive victory overall.
Sophomore Ahmed Albitar teamed with Ashton Kalhorn for an 8-1 win at No. 1 doubles to secure the match’s first point. Albitar added a 6-2, 6-0 win at No. 1 singles. Junior Kevin Keiner posted a 6-1, 6-0 win at No. 4 singles, while Kalhorn (No. 3 singles) and Juan Diego Cuadrado (2) both posted 6-0, 6-0 wins to complete the day’s action.
After playing five matches in six days during the trip through Kentucky, Florida, Alabama and Tennessee, Bradley will have two weeks to prepare for its Missouri Valley Conference opener April 6, a 1 p.m. match against Southern Illinois on campus at the David Markin Tennis Courts.
BRADLEY MEN’S TENNIS MATCH SUMMARIES
Friday, March 22, 2013
Bradley 6, at Tennessee State 0
1. Ahmed Albitar/Ashton Kalhorn (BU) def. Daniel Bernal/Branden McClain (TSU) 8-1
2. Juan Diego Cuadrado/Hamish Weerasinghe (BU) Jared Asher/William Simmons def. (TSU) 8-1
3. Justin Abrams/Arthur Romanet (BU) won be default
Order of Finish: 3,2,1
1. Ahmed Albitar (BU) def. Daniel Bernal (TSU) 6-2, 6-0
2. Juan Diego Cuadrado (BU) def. Branden McClain (TSU) 6-0, 6-0
3. Ashton Kalhorn (BU) def. William Simmons (TSU) 6-0, 6-0
4. Kevin Keiner (BU) def. Jared Asher (TSU) 6-1, 6-0
5. Justin Abrams (BU) won by default
Order of Finish: 5, 2, 3, 4, 1
Tennessee State (0-5)