|Games 21-23 | Evansville (9-14, 1-2 MVC) at Bradley (9-11, 0-0 MVC)|
Friday | Kyle Freeland, LHP, So., 2-4, 3.10 ERA vs. John Nasshan, RHP, Jr., 1-4, 4.32 ERA
Saturday | Klye Lloyd, RHP, Sr., 3-2, 2.41 ERA vs. David Koll, LHP, So., 1-2, 5.46 ERA
Sunday | TBA vs. Stephen Toma, RHP, So., 1-0, 4.94 ERA
• After playing its first 20 games of the season away from home, Bradley will open both its 2013 home schedule and its league slate by hosting Evansville in a 3-game set this weekend at Peoria Chiefs Stadium (formerly O’Brien Field).
• Despite a spring snow storm that dumped as much as seven inches of snow in the Peoria area Sunday and Monday, the Peoria Chiefs Stadium playing surface continues to improve and the series is slated to go off as originally scheduled.
• Bradley’s starting rotation this weekend is expected to consist of junior RHP John Nasshan, sophomore LHP David Koll and sophomore RHP Stephen Toma, a trio that totaled 5.1 innings (all by Koll out of the bullpen) against Valley competition last season.
• A fourth-year junior, Nasshan missed the entire 2012 Valley season with a hip injury, but in his last MVC home start, he blanked Southern Illinois on four hits in 8.0 innings May 8, 2011 as part of a 4-0 victory.
• Bradley enters the weekend series second in The Valley with a .306 team batting average and the Braves boast three of the league’s top eight hitters, as well as four of the top 11: LF Mike Tauchman (3rd, .405), SS Tyler Leffler (7th, .352), 1B/DH Greg Partyka (8th, .351) and CF Max Murphy (11th, .329).
Evansville leads 41-34
• The weekend series will be games 76, 77 and 78 in the all-time series between the Braves and Purple Aces.
• While Evansville opens the series with a 41-34 overall series lead, Bradley is 9-7 at Peoria Chiefs Stadium against the Purple Aces.
• The visiting team has won each of the last two regular-season series, as well as four of the last five.
• Fifth-year Bradley head coach Elvis Dominguez is 5-7 against Evansville.
Sunday, March 31 | Uniform Youth Days
• $1 admission for youth 13 and under who are wearing their little league uniforms
• Run Bases like the Braves | Youth 13 and under can run the bases following the game (weather permitting)
• Postgame Autographs (weather permitting)