Bradley Soccer will host the Missouri Valley Conference Men's Soccer Championship for the third time in four years. The third-seeded Braves will open tourney play Wednesday night versus sixth-seeded Evansville just four days after Bradley earned a 2-1, double-overtime road win against the Purple Aces in the regular-season finale for both teams.
|Quarterfinals||2013 Missouri Valley Conference Men's Soccer Championship|
|Date||Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013|
|Time||3:00 and 6:00 p.m.|
|Location||Peoria, Ill. | Shea Stadium|
|Tickets||$6 adults; $3 youth (14U); Free Bradley students|
|Game 1||(5) Loyola Chicago vs. (4) SIU Edwardsville | SIUE 2-1 | Box Score|
|Game 2||(6) Evansville at (3) Bradley | Bradley 3-2 (2OT) | Box Score|
|Tourney Updates||MVC Men's Soccer Championship Tournament Central|
2013 MVC Men’s Soccer Championship
• For the third time in four years, and the sixth time overall, Bradley will play host to the Missouri Valley Conference Men’s Soccer Championship this week with two quarterfinal games Wednesday at Shea Stadium, two semifinal games Friday and the title game Sunday.
• In a rematch of Saturday’s regular-season finale, which Bradley won, 2-1, in double overtime, the third-seeded Braves will face sixth-seeded Evansville in Wednesday’s second quarterfinal game.
• Wednesday’s matchup will be just the second all-time postseason meeting between Bradley and Evansville: the teams played to a scoreless draw in a 2008 quarterfinal at Evansville and the Braves advanced with a 5-4 decision in the shootout.
• Wednesday’s game will be the 23rd all-time meeting between the two programs and Bradley owns a 13-8-1 series advantage.
• The Braves have won four straight against Evansville, scoring two goals in all four games, and Bradley is 12-3-1 in the last 16 series meetings.
• Bradley owns a 15-12-1 all-time MVC Tournament record, including an 8-4-2 home mark, and Bradley’s 15 tourney wins are the most among the league’s current 7-team men’s soccer membership.