Bradley Soccer is hosting the Missouri Valley Conference Men's Soccer Championship for the third time in four years. The third-seeded Braves opened tourney action with a 3-2, double-overtime win Wednesday against sixth-seeded Evansville, advancing to Friday night's second semifinal game against second-seeded Drake.
|Semifinals||2013 Missouri Valley Conference Men's Soccer Championship|
|Date||Friday, Nov. 15, 2013|
|Time||3:00 and 6:00 p.m.|
|Location||Peoria, Ill. | Shea Stadium|
|Tickets||$6 adults; $3 youth (14U); Free Bradley students|
|Game 1||(4) SIU Edwardsville vs. (1) Missouri State | MSU 1-0 | Box Score|
|Game 2||(2) Drake at (3) Bradley | BU 3-0 | Box Score|
|Tourney Updates||MVC Men's Soccer Championship Tournament Central|
2013 MVC Men’s Soccer Championship
• For the third time in four years, and the sixth time overall, Bradley is playing host to the Missouri Valley Conference Men’s Soccer Championship this week and the tournament continues with two semifinal games Friday and the title game Sunday.
• Bradley advanced to the semifinals by rallying for a 3-2, double-overtime win against Evansville Wednesday night behind three assists from 2013 MVC Player of the Year Wojciech Wojcik, a MVC Tournament single-game record 13 saves from senior goalkeeper Brian Billings and the 102nd game-winner from junior midfielder Cody Lofgren.
• Friday’s second semifinal will be the 35th all-time meeting between Bradley and Drake, the most-played series in Bradley Soccer’s 27-year history
• Though Drake owns a 16-14-4 lead in the all-time series against Bradley, the Braves are 5-0-1 in the postseason series with a shootout victory in the tie.
• Despite being outshot, 20-10, Drake got a pair of early second half goals from Eric Williams then held off Bradley’s comeback attempt for a 2-1 victory in this year’s regular-season meeting Oct. 26 in Des Moines.
• Bradley owns a 16-12-6 all-time MVC Tournament record, including a 9-4-2 home mark, and Bradley’s 16 tourney wins are the most among the league’s current 7-team men’s soccer membership.