AMES, Iowa - South Dakota (10-7) swept the three doubles matches, then split six singles matches to earn a 4-3 win against Bradley (6-8) Saturday at the Ames Racquet and Tennis Center.
Adele Henke (No. 1 singles), Carly Miles (No. 4) and Kennedy Scott (No. 5) all won their singles matches, but the Braves could not come up with the needed fourth singles victory. Sarah Rodefeld had the best shot at the deciding point, but dropped a 6-4, 7-5 decision at No. 2 singles.
The Braves will continue their 4-match weekend swing through Iowa by visiting Coe College Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Clark Racquet Center in Cedar Rapids.
BRADLEY WOMEN'S TENNIS MATCH SUMMARY
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Ames, Iowa | Ames Racquet and Tennis Center
South Dakota 4, Bradley 3
1. Maria Tortosa Bernabeu/Milica Pavlovic (SD) def. Adele Henke/Sarah Rodefeld (BU) 8-4
2. Michelle Elkin/Hafsa Laraibi (SD) def. Carly Miles/Kennedy Scott (BU) 8-2
3. Nina Barudzic/Veronika Makashov (SD) def. Jessie Bertino/Cassia Wojtalik (BU) 8-6
1. Adele Henke (BU) def. Milica Pavlovic (SD) 6-2, 0-6, 6-2
2. Michelle Elkin (SD) def. Sarah Rodefeld (BU) 6-4, 7-5
3. Hafsa Laraibi (SD) def. Cassia Wojtalik (BU) 6-2, 6-2
4. Carly Miles (BU) def. Nina Barudzic (SD) 6-2, 6-2
5. Kennedy Scott (BU) def. Veronika Makashov (SD) 6-2, 6-3
6. Yamini Reddy (SD) def. Jessie Bertino (BU) 6-2, 6-1
South Dakota (10-7)