The Bradley Soccer team returns home for the first time in nearly a month to host the No. 6-ranked team in the country, Cal State Northridge (7-1-0) for World Cup Night and President's Night Out Saturday night at Shea Stadium. In addition to the two promotions, the Bradley Soccer alumni in attendance for the program's weekend reunion will be honored at halftime and the game will be followed by a postgame fireworks show, presented by Avanti's.
|Game 8||#6 Cal State Northridge (7-1-0) at Bradley (4-2-1)|
|Date||Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013|
|Time||7:00 p.m. (CDT)|
|Location||Peoria, Ill. | Shea Stadium Stadium|
|Tickets||$6 Adults, $3 children (14U) and free for Bradley University students, faculty and staff, active members of the military and the Little Braves Club
Bradley Ticket Office: 309-677-2625
|Live Audio/ Video||Bradley All-Access (subscription required for video)|
|Live Stats||Online: BradleyBraves.com
|Series History||First meeting|
- After completing a three-week, five-game, 7500-mile road swing with a 2-2-1 record, Bradley will make a brief return home to host the No. 6 team in the country Saturday night at Shea Stadium.
- Bradley, which received one point in this week’s NSCAA/Continental Tire and Soccer Times national polls, will host #6 Cal State Northridge (7-1-0) in the first-ever series meeting.
- Cal State Northridge becomes the highest-ranked non-conference opponent to visit 11-year-old Shea Stadium and becomes the second highest-ranked non-conference opponent to ever visit Bradley.
Saturday Night Promotions
Saturday night’s game between the Braves and Cal State Northridge will feature several promotions:
World Cup Night
- Youth teams will join the Braves and Matadors on the field for a pregame World Cup Walk flag presentation.
- The Braves Fun Zone will include face painting and the evening will include additional World Cup-themed activities.
President’s Night Out
- Bradley University President Joanne Glasser will host the school’s freshman class and has invited the entire student body for a night at Shea Stadium.
- The freshman class will receive a t-shirt and meal voucher to be redeemed at the Shea Stadium concessions stand Friday night and multiple buses will provide round-trip transportation for all students starting at 5:30 p.m. from the Michel Student Center to Shea Stadium throughout the night.
Bradley Soccer Alumni Weekend
- The Bradley Soccer Alumni Weekend will begin Friday with a charity golf outing at Metamora Fields Golf Club, followed by a social hour for former players and families at Jimmy’s Bar in West Peoria.
- The former players will gather for an alumni soccer game Saturday at 11 a.m. at Shea Stadium, as well as a pregame tailgate party at 4 o’clock Saturday afternoon.
- All former players in attendance will be recognized during a halftime ceremony.
Postgame Fireworks, presented by Avanti’s
- The postgame fireworks show will begin five minutes after the completion of the game.
For more notes about Saturday night's game, check out the PDF versions of the Bradley and Cal State Northridge notes packages in the "Related Links" box.