Bradley Soccer will try for its third all-time Missouri Valley Conference Tournament championship Sunday when the Braves host regular-season league champ Missouri State in the title game at Shea Stadium. Bradley previously won the MVC Tournament in 2007 in Omaha and 2010 at Shea Stadium, while Missouri State's lone postseason tournament championship was won in 1999 on Bradley's former home field at Becker Park.
|Final||2013 Missouri Valley Conference Men's Soccer Championship|
|Date||Sunday, Nov. 17, 2013|
|Location||Peoria, Ill. | Shea Stadium|
|Tickets||$6 adults; $3 youth (14U); Free Bradley students|
|Matchup||(1) Missouri State at (3) Bradley | Live Stats|
|Television||MVC TV: FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports Indiana, FOX Sports Kansas City, FOX College Sports, DirecTV 671, Dish Network 418, AT&T U-Verse 748 and ESPN3 outside MVC footprint. Tape delayed at 7 p.m. on Comcast SportsNet Chicago|
|Tourney Updates||MVC Men's Soccer Championship Tournament Central|
2013 MVC Men’s Soccer Championship
• For the third time in four years, and the sixth time overall, Bradley is playing host to the Missouri Valley Conference Men’s Soccer Championship this week and the tournament concludes with the title game between the Braves and regular-season league champion Missouri State Sunday afternoon at Shea Stadium.
• Missouri State already has won one Valley title on Bradley’s home field this season, clinching the regular-season league crown with a 1-0 win against the Braves Nov. 2 at Shea Stadium.
• Missouri State owns a 19-7-4 all-time record against Bradley, including a 2-0-1 postseason record against the Braves.
• The last time the two teams met in the postseason, they played to a 1-1 draw in the semifinals of the 2003 MVC Tournament in Sportport in suburban St. Louis and the Braves advanced to the championship game with a 4-2 shootout decision.
• In the only other championship game matchup between the two teams, regular-season champion Missouri State rallied for a 2-1, overtime win Nov. 14, 1999 in Peoria (Becker Park).
• Bradley owns a 17-12-6 all-time MVC Tournament record, including a 10-4-2 home mark, and Bradley’s 17 tourney wins are the most among the league’s current 7-team men’s soccer membership.
• Bradley is trying for its third MVC Tournament championship (2007, 2010), while Missouri State’s only postseason championship was the 1999 title won on Bradley’s former home field.